LaConyea worked in public education for over 15 years, teaching Kindergarten, to 6th/7th grade mathematics, then eventually transitioned into a curriculum instructor and administrator. After leaving the public schools, she wanted to explore HR to focus on recruiting. After several contract HR admin roles, she landed in HRIS at 3D Systems, a 3D printing company in Rock Hill, SC and absolutely “Loved it!” For the past 6 years, she has honed her skills, obtained SHRM certification and stayed relevant to the trends and advances within HRIS. She discovered that working in HRIS, her attention to detail, her analytical thinking and innate problem solving skills are complimentary to this type of role. LaConyea prides herself in being able to pivot, change careers and still maintain a desire to learn, advance and grow.
Education & Accredidations
- Bachelor of Science: Sociology, Michigan State University
- Master of Education: Educational Leadership, Wayne State University
- Former Member: Junior League of Charlotte; Human Resources Council & Go-Kids-Go
- Volunteer and Mentor: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools; Girl Scouts of the USA, Hornets’ Nest Council; Girls on the Run; Humane Society of Charlotte; Lydia’s Legacy; National Young Scholars Program
- Founder: P.E.A.R.L.S. Mentoring
- Member and Graduate Advisor: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated®