- Investment Sales & Capital Markets
- Real Estate Solutions
- Incentives Negotiation & Location Strategy
- Project Management
- Building Management
- User Development Services
David Kafel serves as Director of Project Management in Raleigh, NC for Foundry Commercial where he works with project managers within the firm’s services platform to drive production, provide gold-standard client services, and upgrade the firm’s deliverables both internally and externally. Kafel has managed projects for Foundry across multiple markets including North Carolina, Maryland, and New York City. He is responsible for owner, tenant, and landlord improvements as well as new development ground-up construction projects in the office, industrial, and retail sectors. His experience includes a wide variety of project types ranging from multi-family development and construction to semi-conductor facilities, healthcare, and sports complexes.
Foundry’s Project Management function provides clients with the know-how behind every step of the process, from design to permitting to building, from inspections to staying on budget. The clients served by Foundry’s Project Management team across varying industries, including law firms, storage facilities, not-for-profit organizations, design and IT companies, manufacturing businesses, and many in between.
Prior to joining Foundry Commercial, David served as Assistant Project Manager at The Beck Group for the Duke University Athletic Campus Master Plan Renovation, which included a new 100K SF Football Press Tower. Prior to The Beck Group, he worked for Turner Construction Company in New York working on high-tech projects in the semi-conductor and healthcare markets.
- Danaher Corporation: Washington, DC – Interior Tenant Improvement, 72,810 SF, $20MM
- Oxford University Press: Cary, NC – Interior Tenant Improvement and De-commission, 15,343 SF, $2.2MM
- Berkshire Hathaway: Greensboro, NC – Interior Tenant Improvement, 15,866 SF, $1.8MM
- Candle Science: Durham, NC – Int/Ext Tenant Improvement from Shell Industrial Building, 144K SF, $3.8MM
- Serioplast: Red Springs, NC – Int/Ext Office & WH Renovations for Plastic Bottling Manufacturer, 60K SF, $2MM
- Pinnacle Park: Durham, NC – Full Office Building & Site Renovation, 80K SF, $3MM
- Duke University: Durham, NC – Athletic Campus Master Plan Renovation, 160K SF, $175MM
- GlobalFoundries: Malta, NY – Ground-up semi-conductor facility, 1MM SF, $750MM
- Ellis Hospital: Schenectady, NY – Expanded emergency care and parking garage addition, $61MM
Professional Affilations & Community Involvement
- NAIOP Raleigh-Durham Chapter member: 2022 Sponsorship Chair – 2019 Developing Leaders Board President
- 2020 Recipient of Foundry Commercial PJM High Impact Award
- 2018 Recipient of Foundry Commercial Raleigh Gem Award
- Professional Bachelor of Architecture, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Minor in Industrial/Organizational Psychology