- Investment Sales & Capital Markets
- Real Estate Solutions
- Incentives Negotiation & Location Strategy
- Project Management
- Building Management
- User Development Services
Ford Gibson is a 35-year veteran of the commercial real estate industry. His development portfolio includes more than 16.5 million square feet of office, retail, industrial, manufacturing, and multifamily projects. He started in the business in Boston with Spaulding and Slye. After 6 years there he moved to Spectrum Properties in Charlotte and finally landing in South Florida with the Codina Group. Ford has led development teams on award-winning projects throughout South Florida and the east coast.
For more than 14 years he was instrumental in the growth of the Codina Group, first as the head of Codina Development then as the President of the entire group. While he was there he was the winner of many of the real estate industries most prized awards. Among them he was four times named Developer of the Year by the National Association of Office and Industrial Parks South Florida Chapter, twice named the Developer of the Year by the Industrial Association of Dade County, and in each year of his tenure at least one of his projects won individual awards from those two organizations. After he left Codina to start Gibson Development Partners he continued his string by landing another Building of the Year award from NAIOP. In addition, under Mr. Gibson’s leadership, Codina’s Medical Arts Building at Baptist won the BOMA World Wide Building of the Year.
Education & Accreditations
- M.B.A, Finance., Tulane University
- B.S., Building Science & Management, Clemson University
- Museum of Science Construction Committee overseeing a $300,000,000 museum project
- Member, Orange Bowl Committee and serves as Chairman of the Real Estate Committee.
- Member, Office Development Council for ULI
- Member, Office Development Forum for NAIOP
- Past President, Industrial Association of Dade County
- Past Board Member, National Association of Office and Industrial Parks
- Served on the Archdiocese Real Estate Committee
- Commissioned Through OCS Newport Rhode Island May 1977
- Was ranked as one of the Top 5 candidates in class
- Reported to USS Mount Baker and served a CIC division Officer May 1977
- Selected to be promoted as the youngest Department Head in Navy June 1979
- Retired from Reserves after having served as Commanding Officer of an Active Duty
- Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit in 2000