David Kafel serves as Senior Project Manager for Foundry Commercial’s Project Management team in Raleigh, NC and has managed projects across multiple markets including North Carolina, Maryland, and New York City. In this role he is responsible for owner, tenant, and landlord improvements as well as new development ground up construction projects in the office, industrial, and retail sectors. His experience includes a wide variety of project types ranging from multi-family development/construction, to semi-conductor facilities, healthcare, and sports complexes.
Prior to joining Foundry Commercial, David served as Assistant Project Manager at The Beck Group for the Duke University Athletic Campus Master Plan Renovation. In this role he oversaw the MEP – FP and A/V scopes of work on the new 100K SF Football Press Tower. In addition, he managed the BIM 3D Coordination process of all buildings within the Master Plan. Prior to The Beck Group, he worked for Turner Construction Company in New York working on high-tech projects in the semi-conductor and healthcare markets.
- Candle Science: Durham, NC – Int/Ext Tenant Improvement from Shell Industrial Building, 144K SF, $3.8MM
- Serioplast: Red Springs, NC – Int/Ext Office & WH Renovations for Plastic Bottling Manufacturer, 60K SF, $2MM
- Pinnacle Park: Durham, NC - Full Office Building & Site Renovation, 80K SF, $3MM
- HZO: Morrisville, NC – Interior Tenant Improvement, 35K SF Office & Lab, $1.5MM
- Duke University: Durham, NC - Athletic Campus Master Plan Renovation, 160K SF, $175MM
- GlobalFoundries: Malta, NY – Ground-up semi-conductor facility, 1MM SF, $750MM
- Ellis Hospital: Schenectady, NY – Expanded emergency care and parking garage addition, $61MM
Professional Affilations & Community Service
- Foundry Commercial Brand Ambassador
- 2019 President - Developing Leaders Board of NAIOP Raleigh Durham Chapter
- 2018 Recipient of Foundry Commercial Raleigh Gem Award
- AGC of America’s Certificate of Management-Building Information Modeling
- Professional Bachelor of Architecture, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Minor in Industrial/Organizational Psychology