Let's get startedView Properties
Justin Barker serves as Vice President for the Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC markets. Focused on increasing Foundry Commercial’s presence in the greater Washington, DC region and servicing current client needs for tenant advisor, investment sales, acquisitions and site selection. As a fourth generation Washingtonian, Justin has a strong understanding of the market and its complexities.
Prior to working in commercial real estate brokerage Justin worked in sales, marketing and business development for a non-profit as well as a boutique conference production company. While at the National Apartment Association, Justin began working with supplier members, consulting on industry involvement and marketing opportunities for conference sponsorship, advertising and supplier council involvement. While working in the National Lease Program, Justin was able to increase annual revenue, year over year by more than 15 percent through the development and execution of a strategic market and product development plan. An experience that supplied a strong understanding of the multifamily industry, property management technology as well as the complexities of the non-profit industry.
Justin’s multi-industry experience in addition to working in commercial real estate, has provided a unique perspective while servicing clients. Utilizing real estate for multiple purposes, which at times can result in cost savings and efficiencies. His wide-ranging experience, persistence and hands on approach have produced notable clients in multiple industries that include nonprofits, government agencies and large corporate clients such as AWS, AstraZeneca, IDA World Bank Group, UnderArmour, King & Spalding, Dentons and Morgan Lewis.
When not servicing his client’s needs, Justin enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and various outdoor sporting activities.
- Wheeling Jesuit University, Bachelor of Science, Business Management
- Licensed Maryland Real Estate Salesperson
- Licensed Virginia Real Estate Salesperson
- Licensed District of Columbia Real Estate Salesperson
Professional Affiliations & Community Service:
- FAR – Finance and Administration Roundtable
- Washington Dealmakers
- Capital Area Food Bank
Andrew works closely with the leadership team to advise clients across multiple asset types on strategy and execution to optimize operations while mitigating risk in their real estate selections. He is responsible for orchestrating site selections, acquisitions, and due diligence on behalf of tenants/users, investors, and other occupiers of real estate throughout the greater DC Metro region.
Andrew has over 14 years of industry experience; before joining Donohoe, he served as a Principal at Avison Young and leader within their occupier business. His leasing, investment services, consulting and advisory, and portfolio management projects exceed 3 million square feet and over $2 billion in value. He specializes in identifying strategic opportunities and creating data driven solutions and technology deliverables to support client decision making.
Education and Accreditations
- MPS, Commercial Real Estate Finance and Development – Georgetown University
- B.A. – Birmingham Southern College
- Inova Healthcare Services
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- American Mathematical Society
- Passion City Church
Stuart Ashmun, Jr. serves as an associate with Foundry Commercial’s Religious, Education and Not-For-Profit Group and has spent much of his early career working extensively with churches. Stuart assists clients throughout the State of Texas in disposition, acquisition and consulting on religious and educational real estate.
Prior to joining Foundry Commercial, Stuart worked for Wicker and Associates Commercial Real Estate to help grow the church real estate platform.
Education and Accreditations
- B.B.A, Entrepreneurial Management, Texas Christian University
- Microsoft Office Specialist Master
Matt Messier leads the Religious and Educational Practice Group of the company, which has assisted over 3,000 religious, educational, and nonprofit groups in the disposition or acquisition of real estate in almost all 50 states. Matt is one of the original 12 partners who began Foundry Commercial back in 2007 (formerly CNL) when the firm he had worked with for over 15 years (Trammell Crow Company) was purchased. Matt has assisted a number of denominations, extensions funds, lenders and schools with the analysis, management, and brokerage of their real estate. He implemented a national marketing program and single point of contact system for one of the largest extension funds in the country to assist in the asset/property management and sale of organization-owned properties and has continued to manage this account for over 15 years. In addition, Matt is often asked to speak at conferences, lead webinars and is the author of numerous articles in peer magazines and periodicals.
One of the greatest joys of Matt’s life was working side by side with his late father who taught him everything he knows about real estate including the importance of treating every property as if it was owned by his mother. To this day, Matt and his team at Foundry uphold these values.
Below is a small sample of the organizations that Matt has had the privilege of partnering with:
- As the account manager for board of Atlanta Public Schools (APS), Matt has assisted in developing a transparent marketing platform along with fair and public policy procedures for analysis and disposition of 60 surplus properties, while implementing a tailored marketing strategy.
- Matt also serves as the exclusive broker for AdelFi (formerly ECCU) in representing its REO portfolio of non-performing assets across the country. To date, Matt has assisted AdelFi with the management and sale of over 100 properties.
- Additionally, Matt assists the Archdiocese of Chicago the disposition of several churches and parishes across the Chicago metro area. He consistently achieves prices significantly higher than the client had anticipated.
- Through a 30+ year partnership, Matt leads the Real Estate Solutions team for the Lutheran Church Extension Fund which exists to serve LCMS churches and their partners in stewarding their vision and assets towards a fruitful ministry.
- Matt represents a number of United Methodist Church conferences, PCUSA Presbyteries, Disciples of Christ regions, and LCMS districts across the county
Education & Accreditations
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- B.A., History, University of Central Florida
- A.S., International Business, Valencia Community College
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in multiple states
- Member of the National Association of Realtors
Joey Blakley serves as Vice President with Foundry Commercial’s Religious, Education, & Not-For-Profit Group. With brokerage oversight throughout the State of Florida, Joey assists clients in the disposition, acquisition and consulting of religious and educational real estate. He also leads Foundry’s private and charter schools’ practice. His clients include individual educational institutions, multi-unit operators and developers, as well as local, regional and national religious denominations.
With extensive knowledge in this specialized market segment, he assists educational institutions and churches from site selection and acquisition of real estate to the sale of existing facilities and land or leasing of existing facilities to maximize use and create revenue opportunities.
Joey’s clients also benefit from his extensive experience marketing, negotiating, and structuring transactions with commercial developers and commercial users seeking to repurpose or redevelop church and educational properties.
Joey joined Foundry Commercial in 2010 with a background in office and industrial investment real estate brokerage.
- EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN CREDIT UNION (ECCU) – Actively serving as the exclusive real estate provider for ECCU’s REO portfolio. Currently, Mr. Blakley is spearheading the brokerage relationships for more than 20 assets across the country that consist of churches, schools, vacant land, office, retail and residential
- LUTHERAN CHURCH EXTENSION FUND (LCEF) – Currently serving as master broker for more than 20 assets throughout the United States. With regards to the acquisition and disposition of properties, Mr. Blakley is managing these brokerage relationships on a national scale.
Education & Accreditations
- B.S., Finance, University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in Florida
Carlin Beekman serves as an Associate for Foundry’s Brokerage Services team. She specializes in serving churches, schools and non-profit entities. Carlin focuses on business development, property research, due diligence, and end-to-end coordination of transactions and strategic initiatives in the Florida market, while assisting our national partners with assignments across the country. Carlin is passionate about helping organizations leverage their real estate for Kingdom purposes and helping them develop creative strategies around property utilization.
Prior to joining Foundry Commercial, Carlin spent time working with multiple non-profits in their marketing strategy and brand development. She has served as the Director of Marketing for the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, a hospitality and volunteer coordinator for a local church, and in brand development for a hospitality start-up.
Education & Accreditations
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing | University of Central Florida
- Young Executive Committee Member – UCP of Central Florida
- Board Member, Inua Partners in Hope
Charlie Howarth is a Senior Associate for Foundry’s Brokerage Services team. He works under the leadership of Chris Bury with a specialty on Religious, Educational, and Non-Profit entities. Charlie focuses on business development, property research, due diligence, and end-to-end facilitation of all transactions and strategic initiatives on the west coast. In his first year with the Foundry platform, Charlie participated in transactions exceeding $35M and has leveraged new and existing relationships to introduce new opportunities. Charlie is passionate about helping organizations solve problems and developing creative strategies around property utilization and revenue growth. His prior real estate experience includes an internship with Surterre Properties and extensive work in both luxury residential and commercial real estate marketing as an independent contractor.
- Graduated Southern Oregon University, Ashland, OR, with a B.S. in Communication.
- Recipient of PEAK Research Scholarship at Southern Oregon University.
- Member of Mariners Church, Irvine, CA
- Enjoys an active outdoor lifestyle and coaching youth water polo in free time
Chris Bury serves as Vice President and Broker of Foundry Commercial Religious & Educational Real Estate, where he provides leadership to the west coast operations of the company. Chris leads the acquisition and disposition efforts for Foundry Commercial Religious & Educational Real Estate assisting churches, schools, lenders, denominations, and other not-for-profit organizations. In addition, Chris provides consulting services such as property due diligence, church real estate consolidation and mergers, price evaluation, and financial audits.
Chris joins Foundry Commercial, formerly CNL Commercial Real Estate, from Church Development Fund (CDF), a lending organization with over $800 million in total assets. He established CDF’s real estate department from the ground up, developing policies and procedures for asset management. In addition to REO portfolio management, Chris provided real estate consulting services primarily for churches and schools in the acquisition and disposition of real estate.
During his 8 years with CDF, Chris implemented a national management and marketing program including a sell versus hold strategy to maximize rental income. He oversaw the ultimate liquidation of an REO portfolio consisting of 30 properties, successfully reducing the portfolio to an all-time low to ensure departmental profitability.
- B.A. in Business Marketing, Biola University
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in California
- National Association of Realtors
- Orange County Association of Realtors
- Member, The Shoreline Church
Bill Palaski serves as an associate with Foundry Specialty Real Estate, and has been specializing in nontraditional real estate for more than 10 years. Bill leads the acquisition and disposition of assets throughout the state of Georgia.
- Member, 12Stone Church
- Member, Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in Georgia and Alabama