- Investment Sales & Capital Markets
- Real Estate Solutions
- Incentives Negotiation & Location Strategy
- Project Management
- Building Management
- User Development Services
Melissa Alexander, SIOR serves as Partner for Foundry Commercial. Considered one of the foremost industrial brokers in Nashville, she leads the Foundry Industrial Brokerage team in her hometown of Nashville, TN. Melissa has more than 16 years of real estate experience focusing on the leasing, sale and development of industrial properties in Tennessee as well as across the US.
Melissa got her start in industrial in Memphis, TN where she previously served as Principal of the Cushman & Wakefield (C&W) affiliate there. She served as the only female partner and only female broker in the firm.
Melissa has a strong business presence locally and online. She is consistently named one of the top Commercial Real Estate Influencers to follow on Twitter and LinkedIn. In 2018, she launched #CREchat with colleague, Casey Flannery. The monthly chat hosts Commercial Real Estate thought leaders from across the US and has garnered participation and praise from CRE professionals, organizations such as CREW, SIOR, Bisnow and CoStar as two women bringing change and innovation to the industry. The chats have since evolved into a podcast called CREchatLive. Melissa regularly serves as a speaker/panelist for national conferences and media outlets such as GlobeSt.com, Bisnow, Nashville Business Journal, Arco Murray’s Women in Construction, CREI, Drastic Summit and Counselors of Real Estate.
Outside of work, you will find Melissa hanging out by a fire pit, watching sports or traveling with her husband, John, and their two children.
- Completed transactions in the last three years with a value of more than $200 MM
- Member, SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Brokers)
- 2016 Top 40 Under 40, MBJ
- 2020 GlobeSt.com Woman of Influence
- 2021 Foundry Commercial High Impact Broker
- 2022 GlobeSt.com Industrial Influencer
- Member, Forbes Business Council
- Buyer Broker for 2022 NAIOP Nashville Industrial Sale of the Year –2 Dell Parkway
- B.B.A. Belmont University
- M.B.A. Union University
- SIOR Broker Bootcamp
- 2022 CREI Summit Leadership Committee
- Advertising committee for Blue Streak Scholarship Fund’s largest fundraiser, Taste of Jubilee
- January 2018, Athens, Greece – Damaris House, assisting refugees/victims of human trafficking
- January 2019 & November 2019, Athens, Greece – Damaris House, assisting refugees/victims of human trafficking
- Christian Psychological Center Past Board Member